Thunderbolt Solutions is seeking to hire an Operations (Ops) Research Analyst/Data Scientist to support the Federal Aviation Administration.
Thunderbolt Solutions is a small, flexible company where are our motto is ‘find a way or make one’ and it permeates in every facet of our business. When faced with a technical challenge, we aim to exceed expectations by developing and fielding innovative solutions for defense and commercial markets in a manner unencumbered by bureaucracy.
Thunderbolt Solutions operates in an environment that fosters transparency, innovation, collaboration, inclusion and a learning mindset focused on solutions that enhance employee engagement.
As a Thunderbolt Solutions team member, you will use your creativity and innovation to conduct quantitative analysis using operations research tools, economics, and other quantitative techniques in the areas of procedural implementations and performance issues. Specific skills and responsibilities include:
- Create analysis procedures.
- Assist in the definition of machine learning and data mining strategies.
- Create, deploy, maintain and refine decision management models.
- Specialist in modeling and simulation functions or operations such as exercises, plans, coordination, demonstrations, and instruction in the fields such as health, environmental, transportation, law enforcement, and security for military and civilian agencies.
- Provide support to various FAA facilities, test sites, project locations, and airports as required.
We want YOU on our team if you have:
- Minimum of six (6) years demonstrated experience with operational research and analysis.
- Skills including project management/organization, research techniques, creating plans, cost estimation, risk management, logistics, data collection, analysis, technical writing, and presenting formal/technical information. Capable of fully executing related research and development projects.
- Accomplish complete and timely deliverables without daily supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by a record of influencing internal leadership and external customers.
- Ability to gain a public trust clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in operations research, computer science, engineering, business, mathematics, information systems, management science, aviation, aeronautical, or air traffic management/science.
- Advanced degrees can be substituted for some experience.
Thunderbolt Solutions offers competitive pay, paid time off (PTO) and benefits (health & 401(k).
Check us out at: https://tboltsolutions.com/ Thunderbolt Software LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.