Thunderbolt Solutions is seeking to hire a senior software engineer.
Thunderbolt Solutions is a small, flexible company where are our motto ‘find a way or make one’ and it permeates every facet of our business. When faced with a technical challenge, we aim to exceed expectations by developing and fielding innovative solutions for defense and commercial markets in a manner unencumbered by bureaucracy.
Thunderbolt Solutions operates in an environment that fosters transparency, innovation, collaboration, inclusion and a learning mindset focused on solutions that enhance employee engagement
As a Thunderbolt Solutions team member, you will use your creativity and innovation to perform a variety of software engineering tasks. Your role will focus on the detailed design, coding, integration, and test of telemetry data acquisition and display systems in C++ and C# for projects related to the Defense Industry in the greater Baltimore, Md. Area. These projects include upgrades to airborne surveillance systems and related ground control systems. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with all stages of software lifecycle, from direct customer negotiation and requirements definition through deployment and end-user product support. Ideally, you will have a strong, multidiscipline technical background and have experience as an independent programmer, lead developer, or software engineering team lead.
In this role, you will be part of a small team performing a variety of engineering tasks and activities that are concerned with software development, system integration, hardware/software integration, failure analysis, test and verification of system and subsystem requirements for the Persistent Surveillance Systems – Tethered (PSS-T) program.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Define and document derived requirements for the software, implementing and testing the software, integrating the software with the hardware data acquisition system and then supporting the software during system level testing.
- Provide input to trade studies, analysis, and documentation to supplement the development of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Engineering Service Requests (ESRs).
We want YOU on our team if you have:
- At least 5 years of related industry experience developing software applications and 8 years of engineering experience overall.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Familiarity with compilers and tool sets for Linux and the Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
- Experience building and maintaining software executables and managing source files using software configuration management tools.
- Working knowledge in data acquisition and instrumentation systems, embedded software development, and the integration and test of embedded systems.
- Experience with network communications using TCP/IP and UDP protocols, RS-232 and RS-422 serial communications is a plus.
- Experience designing IP networks and supporting cyber-security hardening of application software is a plus.
- Demonstrated and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays.
- Ability to travel to CONUS and OCONUS sites.
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
- Ability to travel 15%-30%
U.S. Citizenship required.
Other desired qualifications include:
- Experience with airborne sensors and surveillance systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by a record of influencing internal leadership and external customers on design decisions.
- Current U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance.
Thunderbolt Solutions offers competitive pay, paid time off (PTO) and benefits (health & 401(k).
Check us out at: https://tboltsolutions.com/
Thunderbolt Software LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.