Thunderbolt Solutions is seeking a Sr. System Test Engineer to integrate and test surveillance systems and communications networks for projects related to the Defense Industry in the greater Baltimore, Md. Area. These projects include upgrades to airborne surveillance systems and related ground control systems.
Participate as a member of a small team performing a variety of system test engineering tasks and activities that are concerned with hardware/software integration, failure analysis, test and verification of system and subsystem requirements. Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform integration activities including benchmark testing, integration testing, documentation; as well as acquisition, size, weight, power, and cost analysis of all payloads, support electronics, and deployment of changes to the PSS-T.
- Verification and Validation of system and subsystem requirements (Level 3 & Level 4).
- Generate and update test plans and procedures that will be delivered to Government customer.
- Provide input to trade studies, analysis, and documentation to supplement the development of Engineering Change Proposals.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum of 4 years System and Subsystem Requirements Verification and Validation testing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Industry Exp: 7 years of related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of electronic, electrical, computer, and networking systems.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays.
- Ability to travel to CONUS and OCONUS sites.
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
- Ability to travel 15%-30%
- U.S. Citizenship required.
Other desired qualifications include:
- Knowledge of systems engineering development methodologies.
- Knowledge and implementation Product Line Engineering (PLE)
- Experience with airborne sensors and surveillance systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by a record of influencing internal leadership and external customers on design decisions.
- Current U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance.
Thunderbolt Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.