Thunderbolt Solutions is seeking to hire a senior system test engineer.
Thunderbolt Solutions is a small, flexible company where are our motto is ‘find a way or make one’ and it permeates in every facet of our business. When faced with a technical challenge, we aim to exceed expectations by developing and fielding innovative solutions for defense and commercial markets in a manner unencumbered by bureaucracy.
Thunderbolt Solutions operates in an environment that fosters transparency, innovation, collaboration, inclusion and a learning mindset focused on solutions that enhance employee engagement.
As a Thunderbolt Solutions team member, you will use your creativity and innovation to perform a variety of system test engineering tasks. Your role will focus on the integration and testing of surveillance systems and communications networks for projects related to the Defense Industry and is located in the greater Baltimore, Md. Area. These projects include upgrades to airborne surveillance systems and related ground control systems.
In this role, you will be part of a small team performing a variety of system test engineering tasks and activities that are concerned with system integration, hardware/software integration, failure analysis, test and verification of system and subsystem requirements for the Persistent Surveillance Systems – Tethered (PSS-T) program. Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform integration activities including benchmark testing, integration testing, documentation; as well as acquisition, size, weight, power, and cost analysis of all payloads, support electronics, and deployment of changes to the PSS-T.
- Verification and Validation of system and subsystem requirements SSS, HRS, and SRS).
- Generate and update system and subsystem test plans and procedures that will be delivered to Government customer.
- Provide input to trade studies, analysis, and documentation to supplement the development of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Engineering Service Requests (ESRs).
We want YOU on our team if you have:
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience with 4 years of System and Subsystem Requirements Verification and Validation testing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Systems or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Demonstrated and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of electronic, electrical, computer, and networking systems.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays.
- Ability to travel to CONUS and OCONUS sites.
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
- Ability to travel 15%-30%
- U.S. Citizenship required.
Other desired qualifications include:
- Knowledge of systems engineering development methodologies.
- Knowledge and implementation Product Line Engineering (PLE)
- Experience with airborne sensors and surveillance systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by a record of influencing internal leadership and external customers on design decisions.
- Current U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance.
Thunderbolt Solutions offers competitive pay, paid time off (PTO) and benefits (health & 401(k).
Check us out at: https://tboltsolutions.com/
Thunderbolt Software LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.