Thunderbolt Solutions is seeking a junior software engineer for work related to the defense industry in the greater Moorestown NJ area.
Under general supervision, design, develop, troubleshoot, and analyze software programs for computer-based systems. Performs system modeling, simulation, and analysis. Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs and operating systems. As required, provides inputs for documentation of new or existing programs. Primarily interfaces with intra-organizational staff with infrequent contact with inter-organizational staff and outside customers and vendors on routine matters.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience developing software with C++ and experience with Python and Bash a plus.
- Experience with Object Oriented design/development including the employment of Design Patterns to facilitate the utilization of software insulation techniques and plugins
- Experience working with the Windows, Solaris, and LINUX environments.
- Experience developing Solaris, and other variants of UNIX scripts.
- Strong skills with MS Office and Integrated Development Environments (IDE) such as Eclipse.
- Familiar with UML syntax and its use.
- Familiar with the xUnit framework, especially JUnit and CppUnitLite.
- Experience with CMMI Level 5 life cycle processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Engineering, Computer Science or related field) or equivalent
- US Citizenship in order to maintain a Secret security clearance.
Other desired qualifications include:
- Current U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance.
- Knowledge of systems engineering development methodologies.
- Knowledge and implementation Product Line Engineering (PLE)
- Knowledge/experience with Aegis BMD System.
- GIT (Version Control software)
- UCC (Universal Code Counter)
- Greenhopper (Agile Development Project Management tool)
- JIRA (Issue and bug tracking tool)
- Crucible (Peer Code Review tool)
- Bamboo (build/deployment tool)
Position eligible for profit sharing and performance bonuses.
Thunderbolt Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.