Thunderbolt Solutions is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to develop and integrate surveillance systems and communications networks for projects related to the Defense Industry in the greater Baltimore, Md. Area. These projects include upgrades to airborne surveillance systems and related ground control systems.
Participate as a member of a small team performing a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are concerned with requirements development, design, hardware/software integration, failure analysis, test and verification of electrical components, circuit card assemblies, and systems. Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform integration activities including analysis, design, prototyping, integration testing, documentation; as well as acquisition, size, weight, power, and cost analysis of all payloads, support electronics, and deployment of changes to the PSS-T.
- Development of system and subsystem requirements (Level 3 & Level 4).
- Perform system verification, validation and manage system engineering processes.
- Conduct risk management for all engineering deliverables.
- Perform trade studies, analysis, and documentation to supplement the development of Engineering Change Proposals.
- Support technical lead in preparation for and conduct of technical interchange meetings (TIMs) to discuss engineering/technical issues
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum of 4 years System and Subsystem Requirements analysis, development, documentation, and validation of integrated systems Aerospace/Defense systems or commercial systems.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Industry Exp: 7 years of related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of electronic, electrical, computer, and networking systems.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays.
- Ability to travel to CONUS and OCONUS sites.
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
Other desired qualifications include:
- Knowledge of systems engineering development methodologies.
- Knowledge and implementation Product Line Engineering (PLE)
- Experience with airborne sensors and surveillance systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by a record of influencing internal leadership and external customers on design decisions.
- Current U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance.
Thunderbolt Software LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.